Friday 29 April 2016

It's been a week, so have you joined me on Medium yet?

Friday 29 April 2016

I closed the curtain on further activity here last Friday, after 10 years on Blogger. If you're somehow not aware yet, Dan's Media Digest now has a new home at:


It's great to already see some familiar names joining me there, but obviously it's going to take time to re-build the same sized audience.

If you have this blog bookmarked in your browser, update or replace the link with one above.

If you follow DMD on a RSS feedreader (Feedly, Feedbin, Newsblur, etc), please take a few seconds to update that feed to this address:

Oh, also follow me on Twitter, to receive updates as-they-happen, too.

Of course, if you signup to Medium.com, you have the added benefit of 'notifications' pinging you the very instant I blog something. You can also subscribe to my 'Letters', which are like subscriber-only newsletters I can send out.

Basically, there are lots of perks and cool new things about DMD being on Medium now. If you haven't even clicked through there yet, you've already missed out on:

It's not a huge amount of new material, I'll grant you, but it's more than would've been posted here usually. And there will be more!

Medium is a new platform for me as a writer, which is undergoing a big evolution.

It'll take awhile to get to grips with it, and see what works and what doesn't, as there's a different ethos with Medium-hosted publications. Likewise, if you want to interact with my writing there it's a different ball game to Blogger. But it's a great learning curve to get on!

So let's learn together! Please, I urge everyone to follow DMD on Medium (DMDoM). If you're reading these words, it's very likely you won't regret it.