Tuesday 1 June 2010

Featured Content Slider

Tuesday 1 June 2010
I've been experimenting with various "featured content sliders" over the weekend (you may have noticed me tinkering), which is something I've always wanted to include on this blog. Trouble is, they're not as easy to implement on Blogger, so you sometimes have to butcher the code to get desired results. Especially with templates created by non-Blogger coders, like DMD's. I tried a few sliders over the weekend, but settled on the one you can see at the top of the sidebar.

I would have preferred it automatically scrolled through items, for images to also be links (not just the title), for the "previous"/"next" arrows to look better, and for it to be easier to amend... but, yeah, otherwise I'm happy.

I'm still on the lookout for something better, so you may notice some funny goings-on in that top-corner for awhile. This slider works fine in Internet Explorer 8 and FireFox3, but I know things get screwy in IE6. So please upgrade if you have an old browser! And let me know if you're using Safari or Chrome and having problem using/seeing the slider.

If there's anyone out there who knows of a better slider that works in Blogger (and all browsers, ideally), please let me know. I welcome any feedback on the current slider, too. Is it something you'll use, or not?