Wednesday 8 August 2007

It's a veritable whirlwind...

Wednesday 8 August 2007
That's how I'd describe the activity of the blog this past month!

It seems that going cold turkey from DMD, for a few weeks in June, caused my creative juices to erupt throughout July! There have been lots of posts (sometimes 3 a day, you lucky people), new film trailer reviews, and reviews of new shows like Cape Wrath, Dirt and Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

A few people have asked why I'm not reviewing Dexter, despite rabbiting on about it for months, and the answer is very simple: I loved Dexter so much I gorged on the entire 12-part series in a marathon fortnight, without stopping to review each one!

Therefore, when Dexter arrived on UK airwaves, I found I couldn't go back and review each episode properly, because I had built-in knowledge of future developments. Rest assured, I won't be making the same mistake for season 2! I might post my reviews of Dexter's first two episodes, though. For posterity reasons, if nothing else.

I'm also currently watching HBO's John From Cincinnati; a strange show about a surfing community dealing with the appearance of a strange man called John, who heralds paranormal events like levitation and a child's resurrection. I've been reviewing each episode as it airs in the US, and the show ends next week, so I will post them here when JFC arrives in the UK*.

Why wait for the UK airings? Well, I've learnt my lesson from my Heroes reviews, which followed the US transmissions and, consequently, seemed to be ignored by the mostly-British readership of DMD. But I hope all you BBC2 viewers are reading the Heroes review archive after each episode. Are you?

I hope everyone's enjoying my posts about my USA trip (focusing on cultural differences), and all the small aesthetic changes to the blog. And please take the time to vote in my new weekly Polls (top-right), as it only takes a second to vote... and the results are quite interesting. To me, if nobody else! And decent results demand volume -- so everybody get voting! :-)

Thanks for reading... and don't be shy to leave comments on some of the posts, -- perhaps sparking some discussion, debate, arguments... or blog-fights.


* If JFC even gets a UK airing. The ratings are very low in the US and JFC is very much a niche "experimental" piece of television. Maybe More4 or Sci-Fi will take the plunge?