Friday 31 August 2007

So What DID He Ask Kate Winslett?

Friday 31 August 2007
A few days ago I explained how Kate Winslett, the English actress who starred in Heavenly Creatures and that one about a sinking ship, occasionally shops at the supermarket my brother works at...

A variety of potential questions to ask her have been mulled over by us this week (ranging from geeky to cheeky), but Kate appeared in the shop yesterday... so a question just had to be asked, on the fly:

My brother: "So... do you have any new films coming out next year?" *

Kate: (smiles) "No, nobody wants me..."

Parky's got nothing on my brother. Oh well. Kate's always seemed like a nice, approachable, talented and down-to-earth person, so if you're a film director and need a lead, she's available in 2008.

I really hope she gets an acting job soon, because she's shopping in a Co-Op! It's just not right, is it? A national treasure, reduced to that. She's too down-to-earth for her own good. She needs to get to ASDA, atleast -- surely.


* It's not that people don't try and think of good questions to ask their local celebs, it's just that all great questions seem twattish outside of an interview context...