Thursday 20 September 2007

We'll be in touch...

Thursday 20 September 2007
Hooray! I have the required days off work next week, so I'm able to work as an extra on Young Victoria! I contacted Universal Extras last night and spoke to another nice lady to confirm things:

That's great. Are you also available for the costume-fitting, though? Yes, that's not a problem -- although Friday isn't ideal for me, to be honest...

We now have confirmation there's a fitting on Sunday. Is that more suitable? Yeah, that's much better, thanks.

Okay. It shouldn't take too long. Erm, what's your chest size? Oh. The other guy asked me that on Tuesday. I still have no idea, sorry.

What about your neck size? Sixteen and a half.*

Uh-huh. Is your hair longer or shorter than in your photo? It's about the same.**

Right, okay; we'll pass your details on to the production company. If you're successful, we'll give you a call back with further details. If you're unsuccessful, we'll just e-mail you. Okay, that's fine. Erm, do you happen to know where filming is actually taking place?

No, sorry, I don't. But it is in the Lincoln area. Okay. Thank you.


So now I play the waiting game...

For the first time in my life, I hope I have the look of someone from the 1800s. I can easily shave, if they want. My hair isn't spiked, dyed or otherwise "too modern", so that helps. I think I'd look the part in Victorian get-up.

Some more research on Young Victoria unearthed the fact it's being produced by Martin Scorsese (Goodfellas). That probably doesn't mean Joe Pesci will be making his costume drama debut, though. I don't think the idea is to bring Vic's life up-to-date by making it hip and "street" like Marie Antoinette... not with posh Julian Fellowes writing!

It also seems filming is definitely taking place in Lincoln Cathedral, renovated to look like Westminster Abbey for Da Vinci Code, as I speculated...


* Don't ask how I know that, but not my chest size.
** Are they obsessed with that question, or was she hitting on me?