Thursday 25 October 2007

24: Season 7 Trailer

Thursday 25 October 2007


It's here. The brand new trailer for 24's revamped seventh season. My thoughts:

1. I like that they're debating the show's use of torture -- although, the amount of times Jack Bauer's methods have saved the day, I'm right behind him in that courtroom scene!

2. Great to see the show's continuing its RoboCop love-fest -- with Kurtwood Smith now joining Paul McCrane, Peter Weller and Ray Wise as guest stars. They just need Nancy Allen, Miguel Ferrer and Ronny Cox to complete the set!

3. I already like the Washington D.C vibe and absence of C.T.U. A whole stack of new characters to get to know, too -- who will hopefully prove more exciting that Milo and Nadia!

4. It's nice to see Chloe and Bill Buchanan back, in blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearances.

5. The Die Hard 4.0-style plot is unfortunate, as I'd speculated they'd do the computer terrorism thing in season 4, but instead 24 looks like it's playing catch-up with Hollywood. Unfortunate, but I still like this brand of terrorism. If they keep the keyboard clattering technobabble to a minimum, it should be good fun.

6. Jack's new, casual clothing. More like season 1, so cool.

7. Some great action sequences -- but, then again, 24 always pulls out the stops for its first few episodes. So, that's a given!

8. And... yes, the much-trumpeted reappearance of Tony Almeida! I won't ruin that particular surprise... so just watch the trailer... and then we'll discuss. But it's... erm, interesting!

So yes, count me in for season 7. I still love this show. The trailer looks like more of the same 24 goings-on, but with a certain freshness and zip to it. I have hope now, and I'm psyched... roll on January 2008! Or, February 2008 all you legal UK viewers...

Please note: YouTube tend to delete copyrighted trailers like this, so sorry if the above embedded link doesn't work for you. I'll try to update this post with the latest trailer leak, but just scour YouTube, Google Video and Metacafe if you're minus the trailer at the moment.