Thursday 18 October 2007

Catch-up? How?

Thursday 18 October 2007

There are no Studio 60 reviews at the moment. I made the "mistake" of watching California and 30 Rock last Thursday on Five, instead of Studio 60 on More4.

Plan B was to catch the S60 repeat on Sunday night, but I missed it. Or it wasn't on.

Plan C was to use the TV catch-up service, but Channel 4 are confusing with what they decide to put on there. It's no problem if you're dying to see a repeat of tea-time quiz Countdown, but a big US drama? No chance, it seems.

Plan D is to wait until Studio 60 is repeated on its parent station Channel 4...

Plan E. I don't like Plan D. S60 repeats on CH4 start at 11:45 (such was the ratings disaster on More4, I assume). Plus I'd have to wait 10 long weeks for them to get up to where I left off!

So Plan E involves my computer and something that rhymes with "tillegal bownload". See what the TV companies drive you to?! If they have a catch-up TV service -- bloody use it!!*

Plan F is to just shrug and resume watching, having missed a week. Y'know, like in the old days before +1 channels, mass repeats, DVD box sets and the internet. I don't like Plan F either.

Plan E it is.

* Likewise Sarah Jane Adventures, which only 'catches up' the week-ahead CBBC showings, not the normal BBC1 airings. Gah!