Tuesday 8 April 2008

"Favourited" YouTube Videos

Tuesday 8 April 2008
I like browsing through YouTube. I think we all do. But, like the internet in general, it's restricted by your own search queries...

A lot of great stuff is hidden away in YouTube's depths. I tend to just browse the "Most Viewed" video section, but it's generally full of talent show performances, football highlights, news clips, Rihanna's latest music video, cut-up episodes of Doctor Who, and Japanese anime!

So, if you're reading my blog fairly regularly, it's probably safe to say some stuff I have "favourited" on YouTube (over the past 2 years) might interest you. So here's a small selection:

Radio 4: Charlotte Green Gets The Giggles. I just find anything with authoritative radio/TV presenters "corpsing" to be hilarious. This recent audio clip always make me laugh, especially as she's trying to get through an obituary when "the giggles" descend...

Terminator 2: Low Budgment Day. This is one of the best "sweded" videos on the web (i.e., a low-budget remake of a Hollywood movie, in the same style as the ones created in the film Be Kind, Rewind). There's some funny stuff here and the makers have clearly watched T2 far too many times...

Massive Shark. The nature videos on YouTube are particularly good, and this video of an enormous six-gilled shark is stunning and very eerie.

Shia: No, No, No. Have you noticed how often actor Shia LaBeouf says the words "no, no, no!" in all his movies? No, neither had I -- until I saw this video-pasted together!

Darth Vader Blues. There are gazillions of Star Wars videos around, but this one isn't as widely known. It tickles me.

Whose Line: Cops n' Ducks. I just love Whose Line Is It Anyway, and while the US version wasn't as good as the UK original, this "sound effects" sketch with Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie is absolutely hilarious.

Battle At Kruger. Quite a famous YouTube video, but not everyone has seen it. The real life drama of some buffalo, some lions... and a crocodile? Jaw-dropping.

You Say We Pay. From the genius mind of comedian Adam Buxton, a re-dubbed version of Richard & Judy's now defunct tea-time quiz. My sides hurt!

Fireworks Crack-up. Another attack of the audio-only giggles, but this is my absolute favourite. I can just picture the poor news reader struggling to maintain composure after reporting on a story where fireworks came into contact with someone's "backside". Hehehe.

Most Farted. God, this is so childish, but I'll admit to busting a gut when I saw it many years ago. It doesn't work quite as well now Most Haunted has become a laughing stock, but if you're in the mood it'll make you smile. Also try Mary Loves Dick for medium Derek Acorah accidental(?) live goof.

David Copperfield Laser. One of the greatest illusions ever! I have a sneaking suspicion I know how this was done, but it's still absolutely inspired stuff. Amazing.

Size Of Our Universe. Do you sometimes feel small and insignificant? Then don't watch this. Us humans are like specks of dust, aren't we. Mind-boggling.

Ping Pong. Some brilliant optical illusions, created by physical performance during a table tennis match. Wonderful stuff.

That's all folk.