Monday 5 May 2008

200,000 Hits!

Monday 5 May 2008
I think it's worth celebrating 200,000 hits, don't you? That's quite a milestone. DMD hit 100,000 hits back in Jan 07, so that means there's been an average of 6,666 people visiting here every month since then. The devil's number. Oh dear. The stats give the exact number of pageloads as much, much higher -- so I'll go with that.*

But it's just numbers. Although obviously I'm glad people are reading and seem to be coming back. There's nothing more disheartening than putting a lot of effort into a blog that isn't read by anyone. Any fool can throw up a tonne of photos of naked women and watch the stats rocket as Google points everyone their way. I do this because I'm a bit opinionated, like to share information, maybe hope to change peoples' minds about certain films/TV, and just generally enjoy talking about the media.

So I've definitely enjoyed this past year, blog-wise. I'm reviewing a lot more TV and films than ever before, people are commenting more readily on posts, and the blog has generated some interest from outside agencies -- with links from the likes of Guardian Unlimited and offers of (sadly unpaid) work from other websites. So that's been good to see.

If you're one of the returning visitors to DMD, my heartfelt thanks for reading the thoughts and opinions of a fellow TV viewer -- especially if you've subscribed in Bloglines, Google Reader, or some other blog-feed software. I really do appreciate it. The feed's here if you haven't.

Oh, and if you've been directed here by a search engine because there are a few photos of Anne Hathaway, Hayden Panetierre, Lucy Griffiths and Angelina Jolie dotted around -- hey, there's plenty more to see! Honestly. So take a look around! :)


* My maths is terrible, so maybe I've made a mistake calculating these figures. 6,666 people per month doesn't sound right, as 3,200 have already visited DMD in May 08! Oh, whatever. 100,000 people since Jan 07 anyway and 200,000 in total since the blog began...