Monday 28 July 2008

TRAILER PARK: Dexter, season 3

Monday 28 July 2008



The third season trailer of Dexter has been around for a few days, but here it is in case you missed it. SPOILERS for UK viewers watching at the ITV or FX pace, obviously. To be honest, I'm not "hooked" by the direction season 3 appears to be taking. I'm sure it'll be good, and obviously shows have to evolve or die, so this is just a gut response to the trailer.

Jimmy Smits should be a great addition to the cast, and Michael C. Hall is incapable of giving a bad performance, but I'm less psyched for season 3 than I was going into season 2. But maybe the whole vibe about Dexter getting a new lease of life (living without Harry's Code) will be better than I expect. Just as long as he doesn't become a serial-killer without a conscience, as that will totally alienate audiences and colour Dexter's grey areas decidedly black-and-white.

Dexter returns to Showtime in the US on 28 September.