Friday 25 July 2008

Who's writing the Who specials?

Friday 25 July 2008
Russell T. Davies has revealed who'll be scripting the 4 specials before Steven Moffat takes over Doctor Who in 2010. The '08 and '09 Christmas Specials will be written by RTD, and he'll co-write 2 specials in '09 with Gareth Roberts ("The Shakespeare Code") and Phil Ford (Torchwood's "Something Borrowed").

In related news, Steven Moffat is at Comic-Con and has been fielding questions from US fans. Regarding the workload involved with Who, he had this to say:

"Well, I suppose it's daunting, but I've run television shows before so that's alright. I always say I'm daunted but I'm not really. I'm just terribly excited. It's just such a fantastic job to have. It's a very exciting job so what's the point in wasting time stressing about it?"

"Of course it'll be stressful! Whatever I do next will be stressful. Doctor Who will probably be more stressful than anything else but it'll be more fun. And it's probably the biggest job in, certainly, British television. I think it is. It really is. So why waste time being frightened of it?"

He also revealed that he started writing season 5's premiere while on the plane to Comic-Con from the UK, and that River Song probably didn't know David Tennant's incarnation of The Doctor in his recent two-part episode "Silence In The Library"/"Forest Of The Dead". There's a very good interview with Moffat at io9, too. Check it out.