Sunday 30 November 2008

Introducing: Nintendo DSi

Sunday 30 November 2008


I rarely cover gadgets, video-games and consoles at DMD. Truth is, I only use my PS3 to watch Blu-rays, and haven't touched my Nintendo DS since Super Mario Brothers and Brain Training eventually bored me. The Wii captured my imagination before its launch, but the console only really works in a party context, I find. If the Wii ever drops to around the £100 mark, I may get one to play Mario Kart, but that's it.

Anyway, I still thought it was worth mentioning the Nintendo DSi -- the next version of the DS Lite that's just been released in Japan. It has bigger screens, a SD card slot (losing the GBA slot), can play music files (not MP3), has two built-in cameras, etc. Click the video above to watch a good instructional guide from IGN. The DSi's European release is scheduled for next spring. Historically, that probably means "sometime in 2009; maybe nearer Christmas, if we're being honest."