Friday 7 November 2008

What's in YOUR rental queue?

Friday 7 November 2008

Do you use an online film rental service like Lovefilm, Amazon, Blockbuster or (very popular in the US) Netflix? If so, what's in your queue right now -- and, most importantly, why? Consider this a meme if you have a blog, or else just comment here. I'll go first:

  1. DR. NO, because I'm excited to see the Bond classics in high-definition.
  2. FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, for the same reason, and also because I'm aiming to have a bit of a Bond Season one day.
  3. FUTURAMA: BENDER'S GAME, because I'm a fan of this sci-fi animation and these feature-length releases are pretty entertaining. I even thought the widely-derided Beast With A Billion Backs was good fun.
  4. THE GODFATHER TRILOGY, because these are classic gangster films that apparently now look astonishing in 1080P.
  5. THE HAPPENING, because I'm curious to see how bad it actually is -- and, considering I liked M. Night Shyamalan's The Village, maybe I'll like it?
  6. INDIANA JONES & THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, which I have already seen at the cinema, but I want to reappraise it away from the hype.
  7. IRON MAN, because it's meant to be the second-best superhero film of the year, obviously.
  8. THE MIST, because reviews are mixed, but the positive ones get me very excited for an old-school monster-based chiller.
  9. SPEED RACER, which I've heard was unfairly treated by snooty critics and is actually incredibly fun if you're in the right head-space.
  10. UNTRACEABLE, which I only added because my list was very low awhile back, so I needed to add something! Oh, and I want to see just how much it rips off this Millennium episode.
So, care to share your own lists? Any guilty pleasures on there?