Friday 12 December 2008

The Wire: On Demand

Friday 12 December 2008
First of all, I'm actually feeling sick today and have taken the day off work. I probably could have struggled in, but... well, it was also cold outside. Consequently, this week's review of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is being postponed until Monday. I had also intended to review The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor today, but that will have to wait until after the weekend, too. Reviews for The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian and Kung Fu Panda are also on their way.

But, look what I discovered today from my death bed: Virgin Media's "TV On Demand" service have 5 episodes of The Wire's season 1! Specifically, they have episodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7. What happened to episodes 5 and 6?! Maybe the EPG is playing up and "episode 7" is actually episode 5? I might not risk watching episode 7/5 for fear of jumping ahead, though. I don't use OnDemand very often, but I assume the remaining episodes of season 1 will be available soon? Does anyone know for sure?

So... guess what I'll be watching this afternoon to cheer me up: yes, Baltimore street crime. It's television Lemsip. That will please a few "Wirers".