Tuesday 27 January 2009

Is everyone alive?

Tuesday 27 January 2009
I only ask because there's been a strange lack of comments around here lately, despite a lot of new reviews going online (Conchords, Fringe, BSG, Lost, 24, Plus One, etc.) Everyone okay? January blues, is it? My stats are fairly stable, and I've actually increased "Followers" this week, so I know you're out there... lurking... Or, have I said something wrong? 3-stars too low for Being Human, was it?

Anyway, random irritation of the week: Sky have turned The Lost Initiative podcast into a vodcast. So you can't download it via iTunes now. I think the intention is to increase traffic to the Sky1 website, which is fine. Only... vodcasts aren't as good as podcasts, are they. Having a visual element means there's now a lot of clips from Lost, and everyone looks a bit too self-conscious. The first vodcast (covering the two-hour Lost premiere) was only 15 minutes long, too -- so it's shorter than the podcasts generally were? As much as I appreciate Sky throwing cash at TLI (check out their DHARMA-esque set), I kinda want the podcast back. Or an audio-only version at least.

Feel free to comment :)