Thursday 8 January 2009

What's the situation?

Thursday 8 January 2009
I thought I'd touch base regarding the status of DMD over the next few weeks. Well, most US shows are on hiatus right now, but things are slowly coming back to life on both sides of the pond. To fill the temporary void, I've been running the annual Sexiest Women On TV In 2008 countdown every day this week. However, owing to a technical glitch with Blogger last night, the final part won't be uploaded until later today...

New reviews will continue for Demons every Sunday, and 24 reviews will start rolling out every Tuesday, starting next week. One show I'm in two-minds about is Damages (which started in the US last night.) I'm definitely going to review it, but would people prefer I wait for the BBC to show it? Basically, do most people reading watch Damages at the US-pace, or not? If there's a thirst for reviews while it's "hot from the oven", I'll try to write them to follow the US broadcast on FX, but will otherwise refrain from reviews until February's BBC1 debut. Let me know! Or I'll make a judgement call. A belated review of Mark Gatiss' Crooked House three-part chiller willl also be up very shortly.

I'm also aiming to get quite a few movie reviews done while the TV schedules are less busy. Wanted and The Day The Earth Stood Still have already been posted, but stay tuned for The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Hancock, Kung Fu Panda, and maybe From Russia With Love (still debating whether to compile a whole heap of Bond reviews in slow-time, ready for a big 007 season one day -- thoughts?) Incidentally, I'm also working on reviews of every Star Trek movie, aiming to post one every day in the run-up to the UK premiere of J.J Abrams' prequel in the summer. Yes, I think THAT far ahead! The Wire: Season 1 will also be reviewed later this month, or early February.

Oh yes, and next week will see the return of my Top TV Of 2008 list (my personal picks of the best shows broadcast in the UK last year, and reviewed on DMD.) So, plenty to be getting on with! Comments, thoughts and suggestions always welcome -- particularly regarding Damages.