Monday 9 March 2009

DAMAGES 2.4 - "Hey! Mr Pibb": Damages dropped

Monday 9 March 2009

Don't worry, it hasn't been axed. I'm just stopping my weekly reviews of Damages. I'm quite enjoying season 2, don't get me wrong, but it's clearly the kind of show that's plot-driven and difficult to review without just regurgitating the narrative too much. I should have held out for the box-set release, which undoubtedly suits Damages much better.

I will continue to watch every Sunday on BBC1, and may chime in with the odd comment when something particularly remarkable happens, but I don't have the time or inclination to write 700+ words every Monday. Apologies if you've been enjoying my reviews up until now, but another factor was the general lack of comments.

It's such a hectic time in the world of TV just recently, so if I'm going to drop a few reviews to save my time and sanity. Reviews that are less interesting to write, or don't inspire much feedback from readers, will face the chop first. There's no point struggling to find the time and putting a lot of effort into writing reviews that nobody's bothered about. Interestingly, there's a noticeable lack of episodic Damages reviews online (even at websites with the manpower to review everything on TV), so I'm not the only one who feels this way!