Tuesday 7 April 2009

Red Dwarf: Behind The Scenes

Tuesday 7 April 2009


The first of the three Red Dwarf specials starts on Dave this Friday. Embedded above is the best of the featurettes released to drum up interest in these Easter specials. I'm very curious to see how this turns out, but I have my expectations at a low level. Still, Sophie Winkleman as Rimmer's hologram replacement is excellent casting, and it doesn't look as cheap as I was fearing. The best years of Red Dwarf (series 1-5) were hardly budget-busting epics, but I was fearing something almost exclusively set in our real world to save cash. But there appears to be a sizeable amount of greenscreen and some decent sets. Still worried about the Coronation Street and "Carbug" elements, though...

Red Dwarf: Back To Earth: 10-12 April @9pm on Dave.
More behind-the-scenes clips: Part 1, Part 2, Part 4.