Tuesday 12 May 2009

"In the summertime, when the weather is hot..."

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Most television dramas are winding up for summer, which I have to admit is great news for me. The number of reviews has been a nightmare to write this year! I like too much TV, I've realized. Starting this autumn, I will be more selective about which shows I review weekly, and how regularly I chime in about others...

Breaking Bad, Robin Hood, Prison Break, 24, The Apprentice, Ashes To Ashes and Primeval are still airing new episodes for the next month or so, and there's some other stuff I'm planning to watch this summer:

Lie To Me (well, possibly; it stars Tim Roth so I'll give it go.)
Chuck (definitely: Five have to show S2 this summer!1)
True Blood (oh yes, definitely: love it!)
Knight Rider (well, maybe just a look-see.)
Torchwood (five-part season 3 airing daily in mid-June, TBC.)
Mad Men (maybe; I'm worn out after S2, but don't want to wait till 2010 for BBC4!)

And some special reviews are likely, too:

Caprica (been meaning to review the BSG prequel for ages, and will now get around to it.)
The Wire S2 (box-set marathon, time willing.)
US pilots (a few usually leak around August, so expect "previews".)
Prison Break: The Final Break (the DVD-only climax, for completism.)
Virtuality (a 2-hour Ronald D. Moore pilot on Fox, to ruminate over, 4 July.)

You can expect many more DVD/Blu-ray reviews in the summer months, and there will probably be more one-off features, polls and whatnot. So, I'm not shutting up shop and going out to play in the sun for the next 12 weeks, I'm just hitting the brake and giving the blog a more relaxed, extemporized feel.


1. If not, a strongly-worded letter will be winging its way to a certain Mr. R. Branson. Or I'll campaign for Sky1 to steal it, as they did Prison Break and now House. For God's sake, Five -- you don't have much to lure me your way, so start showing the stuff you DO have!