Wednesday 19 August 2009

Marsters & Oswalt join Caprica

Wednesday 19 August 2009
I enjoyed Caprica's pilot, although it began to drag towards the end and didn't leave me eager for more. I didn't even properly understand what a weekly series would be like, as the overarching premise felt a bit redundant and the story a tad thin. But, despite all that, it was stylish, intelligent sci-fi that didn't feel like a cynical and money-grabbing spin-off to Battlestar Galactica. Recent news about Caprica has me more excited, because they've cast Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille) as talkshow host Baxter Sarno and James Marsters (Buffy, Angel) as terrorist leader Barnabus Greeley. Both good choices, who have geek credit to their name. The buzz around the show is slowly building, I feel. I hope it avoids the trappings of all prequels and doesn't just embellish what we already know.

SyFy have schedule Caprica to begin its first season on 22 January next year.