Monday 26 October 2009

24: Season 8 Promo

Monday 26 October 2009


"You're lucky I'm retired."

Damnit, 24. This show is like a carousel you can't help jumping back on, even after you've grown a little weary of the ride. I thought season 7 was a return to form that outstayed its welcome in the final quarter -- as most seasons of 24 do these days, purely because the show's no longer a spring chicken. Like many people, I finished watching and felt a slight burden lift from my shoulders. Don't get me wrong, I still love this show, but it sometimes becomes work to watch it through to the end, as only the first 12 episodes are generally on-point, and the back-half usually feels half-improvised.

But here's a minute-long promo for season 8, and I'm already feeling my stomach knot in exitement. Jack has a cute toddler grandaughter (so we've jumped forward in time a few years), Kim's back as a main player, Rene returns (yes!), Chloe's back (boo!), it takes place in New York City, the aesthetic's gone a shade darker from the bluey-whites of Washington D.C, and it looks like good fun as usual. What say you?

P.S: Fox's legal eagles are swooping and taking this promo off YouTube, so apologies if it's currently unavailable. I'll try and add new embed codes when I can.