Thursday 15 October 2009

Do comments = popularity?

Thursday 15 October 2009
Of the shows I'm reviewing every week, Dexter, Chuck and Merlin are attracting ample comments (which is great and makes the effort writing them worthwhile), but there are a few shows I was expecting more response to:

FlashForward. A few comments to begin with, but this is a big new show and it's airing here days after the US premiere, so I was expecting a lot more feedback. Is everyone unimpressed? Has it passed Brits by because it's on Five?

Fringe. Seriously, this is very strange to me. Zero comments most weeks, and the show's only a few weeks behind the US on Sky. Is there no love?

Heroes. Is everyone just bored defending/attacking it now?

Harper's Island. This has been a surprise treat for Sunday nights, ripe for heated "who-doin'-it?" debate, but the response has been mostly subdued.

So, I was just wondering if these shows have dropped off everyone's radar, or there was just no interest in them to begin with. And if you're not watching those, what are you watching? Something better I should know about? Stargate Universe? Generation Kill? This Spiral I keep hearing about? Or maybe you've just started True Blood on Channel 4?