Tuesday 29 December 2009

TRAILER PARK: Inception

Tuesday 29 December 2009


Christopher Nolan is my favourite filmmaker working today, primarily because he's barely put a foot wrong since his low-budget debut Following. Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige and The Dark Knight are all classy, intelligent movies that rank as some of my favourite films of the '00s. Only Insomnia disappointed me, but one dud out of six still ain't bad...

Nolan's latest is the cryptic, mysterious Inception. Very little is known about this secretive film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Tom Berenger, Michael Caine, Ken Watanabe and Lukas Haas, but it's sure to be brilliant. Isn't it? That cast is enough to make me buy a ticket. The trailers have been enigmatic, moody things of ice-cool beauty, too. The latest one is embedded above, and while a part of me is worried Nolan's basically found a twist on ideas already covered by The Matrix and Dark City (mindscape realities, gravity-defying fights, the manipulation of buildings...), I'm sure we're in for a stylish, mindspinning treat next summer.

Released: 16 July 2010 (US), 22 July 2010 (AUS)