Thursday 24 December 2009

Twitter: Top 'Trending Topics' of 2009

Thursday 24 December 2009


One of Twitter's strengths is that it's easy to see what most people are tweeting about via the "Trending Topics". Twitter have compiled a few lists of the most popular subjects people were tweeting throughout 2009, so I thought I'd repost the media-related ones:

MOVIES

1. Harry Potter
2. New Moon
3. District 9
4. Paranormal Activity
5. Star Trek
6. True Blood (hm, which isn't a movie)
7. Transformers 2
8. Watchmen
9. Slumdog Millionaire
10. G.I Joe
TV SHOWS

1. American Idol
2. Glee
3. Teen Choice Awards
4. SNL (Saturday Night Live)
5. Dollhouse
6. Grey's Anatomy
7. VMAS (Video Music Awards)
8. #BSG (Battlestar Galactica)
9. BET Awards
10. Lost
While I'm here, I might as well remind you that you can follow me on Twitter, too.