Sunday 24 January 2010

Caprica debuts on Syfy

Sunday 24 January 2010


Caprica, the Battlestar Galactica prequel, finally started broadcasting on Syfy last Friday (22 Jan) in the US. I reviewed its feature-length pilot when it was released on DVD last summer (as an extended cut with the nudier shots included), which you can read by clicking here. I'm probably going to be reviewing Caprica at the US-pace now, actually, because it'll fill a gap left by Dollhouse on Fridays, and I don't envisage doing indepth reviews of 24 this year. So, Caprica should fit in quite nicely with my scheduling now.

Does anybody have any thoughts on its "Pilot" to share? I keep wondering: will BSG fans embrace this prequel, given its different tone and concerns? Will it appeal to non-BSG fans, who might just stay away because they think it'll be impenetrable to them? And they'd be wrong.