Wednesday 20 January 2010

District 9: Competition

Wednesday 20 January 2010


That's right, it's competition time again! The clue was in the subject header, right? This time it's to celebrate the recent release of Neill Blomkamp's sci-fi thriller DISTRICT 9, which I really enjoyed and reviewed here. Unusually, there are three different sets of prizes up for grabs this time...

1st Prize:
District 9 (DVD/Blu-ray) + 3x "non-human" dog-tags + 7x stickers.

2nd Prize:
3x "non-human" dog-tags + 5x stickers.

3rd Prize:
1x "non-human" dog tag + 3x stickers.

That means you have triple the chance of winning something! To be in with a shot, just answer this simple question in 82 words or less:

In the film District 9, an alien spaceship hovers above Johannesburg and its extra-terrestrial occupants are put into a ghetto. But, if an alien spaceship appeared overheard where you live, what would you do with all the aliens inside?
The three people who send me the most imaginative, clever or funny entries will be allocated the above prizes. Please email me your entries here, remembering to stick to a maximum of 82 words. The competition closes on Tuesday 26 January @6pm (GMT).

As usual, this competition is only open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland (sorry international readers, but nobody from overseas gets in touch with me about competitions!) If you've already won a competition here in the past 6 months, I'm afraid you can't enter again either. I want to spread the love, see.

I can't stress enough how good people's chances of winning are, too. You'd be surprised how few people can be bothered to enter competitions that aren't dumb multiple-choice affairs. Sorry if I'm excluding "non-creative" types with my competition style, but I think contests like this are more fun, stretch mental muscles, and make winners feel deserving to have won. Plus, you help give everyone something entertaining to read when the winners are announced!

And, ahem, it gives me an easy blog update. So, have at it!

Other "Terms & Conditions" are exactly the same as those outlined here.