Saturday 30 January 2010

Foreign Objects: TV Burp Australia

Saturday 30 January 2010


There's something about foreign versions of beloved TV shows that's very compelling to me. I'm not ashamed to admit I became fascinated by the Greek version of Deal Or No Deal a few years ago while on holiday. I think it's the closest we'll ever come to stepping into a parallel universe, really. So here's the Australian version of Harry Hill's TV Burp, hosted by actor/DJ Ed Kavalee. The general humour seems the same, the set's similar, the use of clips is identical, but there doesn't seem to be as much spirit to proceedings. I think TV Burp is so entwined with Harry Hill's brand of madcap humour that it's difficult to translate with someone else. A few more clips from the show can be seen below, after the jump: