Sunday 17 January 2010

Mad Men: BBC Four's season 3 premiere

Sunday 17 January 2010


Circle this date in your TV listings magazine: Wednesday 27 January @10pm, BBC Four. That's when Mad Men returns, simulcast on BBC HD. The new third season kicks off with a double-bill, too: "Out Of Town" and "Love Amongst The Ruins."

I will endeavour to review Mad Men every week, as usual, although it's always been fairly "unpopular" here, for various reasons*. It would be great if people who watch remember to leave a comment or two every week -- if only so I know people care, as otherwise it's not worth the time it takes me to dissect Mad Men episodes properly. It's one of the few shows I review that requires the use of a notebook while I watch, to jot things down. There's a chance I'll just start "open threading" the show with brief thoughts, if there doesn't seem to be an audience for full-length reviews.

* I think it's a combination of the fact American readers have seen these episodes months ago (no spoilers, please), or keen British fans have downloaded them already (a practice I can't condone, tut tut.)