Tuesday 26 January 2010

Poll: Open Threads; what's the consensus?

Tuesday 26 January 2010


It's been a few weeks since I started doing Open Threads, which have ended up looking like "mini-reviews" to kick-start some conversation. QI, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Mock The Week and Bellamy's People have all been targeted, and there was enough response to prevent the whole idea falling flat on its face, but only QI has proved especially popular...

I'm going to continue running Open Threads for a few more weeks, during which time I'll also open-thread the premiere of Skins on 28 January. As it's a show I don't watch, I won't have anything to say myself as a lead-in, so it'll be interesting to see if Skins fans use the post to discuss the show here. If they don't, fine. I won't continue to open thread that show. It's all just experimenting right now; trying to see which shows are popular enough to justify open-threading.

Anyway, to help me weigh up which shows people are interested in discussing here (that don't usually get covered by me, or aren't likely to be reviewed every week otherwise), please vote in the poll below for the shows you'd personally like to discuss. You can also add your own choice in the "other" box. VOTE HERE.

The poll will close on Friday @6pm (GMT), and the most popular picks will help me decide which open threads to carry in future. Also, I'm still considering the possibility of asking people to "guest review" some shows. Maybe we'll have a "trial season" where people can send in their reviews of shows I don't watch. If you're interested in that (and can take rejection!), please leave a comment to that effect below, stating which show you'd be keen to review. I may get in touch.