Tuesday 23 February 2010

Can I predict the Oscars?

Tuesday 23 February 2010

VoucherCodes have selected me to enter their exclusive competition to try and predict the winners of this year's Academy Awards. I can predict as many of the categories I'm confident about (earning 1 point for every correct prediction, but losing 1 point for every wrong prediction), and the blogger with the most points overall wins £250 in Amazon gift vouchers. How could I refuse that?

I've decided to only predict the categories I'm quite confident about, not all of them. Tactical, see. So here goes:

Best Picture: Avatar
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow ("The Hurt Locker")
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges ("Crazy Heart")
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz ("Inglourious Basterds")
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock ("The Blind Side")
Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique ("Precious")
Best Original Soundtrack: Michael Giacchino ("Up")
Best Visual Effects: Avatar
Best Editing: The Hurt Locker
Best Cinematography: Inglourious Basterds
Best Animated Feature: Up
Best Documentary Feature: The Cove
Best Foreign Language Film: Un Prophete
Best Adapted Screenplay: Up In The Air
Best Art Direction: Avatar
Best Original Song: "The Weary Kind" ("Crazy Heart")

Okay, that's about all I can put forward without feeling I'll lose too many points with mistakes in the craft categories! If you would like to predict the Oscars in this competition (and you run an entertainment-related blog/site), just send an email to VoucherCodes before the closing date of 6 March and they may select you to participate...

Just, y'know, don't copy my predictions because I don't want to split that £250!