Wednesday 10 February 2010

Virgin Media: Eurosport and Discovery HD

Wednesday 10 February 2010


Eurosport HD was recently announced as joining Virgin Media's HD lineup, but I didn't bother reporting that because I have no interest in sport. But now VM have announced the spring launch of Discovery HD. This means high-def Extreme Engineering, Deadliest Catch, Bear Grylls and Mythbusters, plus an extensive back-catalogue of Discovery programming on HD via their catch-up service.

I'm not a regular Discovery viewer, but I'll be more inclined to check out their programming now it's in HD. VM will apparently be announcing "several" more HD additions for the spring, too, which I'm excited about. I doubt Sky1 HD will be part of the lineup, but fingers crossed for E4 HD, Film Four HD, ITV HD and Sci-Fi Channel HD.

These two new acquisitions currently expand VM's HD lineup to nine channels, including: BBC HD, Channel 4 HD, ESPN HD, National Geographic HD, FX HD, MTVN HD and Living HD.