Saturday 20 March 2010

Dan's Media Digest is 4 years old today!

Saturday 20 March 2010
It almost slipped my mind, but today marks the 4th birthday of Dan's Media Digest! I have nothing special planned (next year's 5th birthday feels like a more appropriate anniversary for that), but I couldn't let the moment pass without a quick mention.

Thank you to everyone who's helped keep this blog alive, as a big reason it continues to exist is because there's enough reader feedback to keep me engaged with it. I'd have hung up my keyboard a long time ago if the comments had totally dried up. I sincerely appreciate all your comments/tweets, particularly the "regulars" who drop by most days, as you people are the lifeblood. Aaron, Alan, Bob, Chris, Dan, Diana, Dom, Elizabeth, Isobel, Jozz, Lily, Matt, Mark, Nat, Neil, Revs, Rob, Ruxandra, Shelly, Stephen, Tom, and those whose names escape me at the moment -- thank you.

2009 was a great year for DMD, as the blog smashed through 1 million hits, I was linked to by notable sites (Chicago Tribune, AICN, The Guardian, British Comedy Guide), the reader "community" grew, and the success/popularity of DMD has resulted in some exciting developments and opportunities (regular competitions, a few screeners, the chance to interview Russell T. Davies, etc.) I appreciate everyone's support. Here's to many more years to come!