Thursday 18 March 2010

Justifived

Thursday 18 March 2010

FX's Justified, based on a character created by author Elmore Leonard and starring Timothy Olyphant as a tough US Marshall, has been picked up for UK broadcast by Five USA in April. I hope Five repeat episodes in the week -- to bring the show to a wider audience, but also because that would mean more people could see Justified in HD (which Five are about to launch on Sky.)

I'm still disappointed Five put great US drama on a sister channel hardly anyone watches, burned by the fact Breaking Bad (one of the best shows around) has escaped most people's notice in the UK as a result of its treatment by Five. Anyway, I had intended to review Justified every week at the US pace, but in light of this news I think I'll hang fire for Five USA. My schedule's bloated right now, so it'll be handy to delay Justified and let some other shows finish their runs in the meantime (Caprica, Glee, Mad Men.)

Are you watching Justified? Do you plan to? And am I alone in hating Five's treatment of US drama?