Tuesday 17 August 2010

10 Questions, lots of answers!

Tuesday 17 August 2010
Thanks for all your feedback to my "10 Questions" post last week. This kind of impromptu market research helps me gauge everyone's interests and levels of interaction here, which is especially important before the new TV season begins.

It's already made me realize there's an appetite for interaction with posts untied to reviews and news. In fact, last week the amount of commenting was abnormally high for posts on "foreign TV waiting times", "generational awareness of old movies" and "accents". So I guess posts of that nature are feeding a hunger? Expect more stuff like that, going forward.

I always threaten to start halving how many TV shows I review, but my workaholic nature usually prevents me going through with it. But once again, I intend to try and cut-down this year, or perhaps review some of the older shows in less detail (literally a paragraph or two) -- to make way for longer reviews of new content. For e.g: less on Fringe's bread-and-butter episodes, but more on The Event. Sound fair?

As usual, it's all very fluid and I'm naturally very changeable. There may be periods when there's a dozen shows on-air and I'm struggling to keep up (so a few will get short shrift), but other weeks might be more relaxed (usually owing to hiatuses, or after I've decided to ditch shows I'm not enjoying) and that allows me to cover everything easily. I don't know for sure how things will pan out until mid-October, usually.

Next month I'll upload a list of the new and returning shows I'm hoping to cover this autumn at DMD, making it as comprehensive as I can at time of writing.

Thanks again for the invaluable comments and feedback last week, everyone!