Saturday 7 August 2010

TRAILER: The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret

Saturday 7 August 2010

You may remember The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret from last year, where it was amongst Channel 4's Comedy Showcase pilots to be picked up for a full series. Well, this Anglo-American sitcom from David Cross is nearly upon us. It debuts 20 September on Fox, then IFC a few weeks later. I would expect a Channel 4 broadcast around the same time, but nothing's been confirmed yet.

You can check out the brand new trailer (above), which features scenes reshot from the original pilot. Most noticeably, Russell Tovey's unavailability means his character has been recast with Blake Harrison from The Inbetweeners.

While I didn't enjoy the Comedy Showcase pilot very much, I'm not writing Todd Margaret off just yet. This trailer doesn't impress me, but I'm keen to see if they've managed to improve things, and I'm admittedly a sucker for Anglo-American culture clash comedy. Even if it's not up to the standard of, say, A Fish Called Wanda.