Friday 5 November 2010

'Misfits': US remake and movie?

Friday 5 November 2010

I was invited to the press premiere of Misfits at the British Film Institute in London, but couldn't attend. Curses. However, during last night's event, creator Howard Overman fielded a few questions, and touched on the possibility of a US remake and movie...

Howard Overman:

"There's been a lot of interest in it and talk about maybe doing an American version. But you just have to make sure it's done in the right way. The idea was always to do a very British take on the superhero genre... and would that translate back to America? I don't know."
On the chances of a Misfits movie:

"We've had some offers, but we decided that we've told that story already. Can we make it any better? I doubt it. I just don't see the point of a rehashed version with a bigger [budget]."
I'm guessing, based on response to the American remakes of Being Human and Skins, that most readers are breathing a sigh of relief?

Misfits returns next Thursday 11 November @10pm on E4/HD. I'll be reviewing episodes again, but my review of series 2's premiere may be slightly delayed because I'm out next Thursday. We'll see.