Tuesday 30 November 2010

TRAILER: 'Game Of Thrones', HBO

Tuesday 30 November 2010

I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to HBO's Game Of Thrones adaptation, because I haven't read the books by George R.R Martin. In fact, I didn't even know there were books. Medieval fantasy fiction isn't something I've ever been attracted to, really. Consequently, there's nothing in this minute-long teaser for Game Of Thrones that gets me excited. Maybe if you're aware of the characters and can contextualize these brief scenes, it'll all mean more to you.

But, for me, this looks like any number of expensive medieval miniseries, with nothing to get my adrenaline pumping and no obvious fantasy elements. I still have no idea what the actual story or premise is. Hopefully HBO will remedy that with a clearer trailer for mass consumption before its release next spring, because the passion Game Of Thrones stirs online is the only reason I'm curious. Well, that and the cast; which includes Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Peter Dinklage, Iain Glen, Lena Headey and Harry Lloyd.

Any fans care to sell this to me?