Friday 26 November 2010

TRAILER: 'V' - Season 2

Friday 26 November 2010

ABC have released a trailer for V's second season, which begins 4 January 2011. I have nothing much to add, beyond the fact the trailer looks fairly action-packed, the reveal of Jane Badler (who played the original show's villain Diana) is fun, and there are a few moments to make you raise an eyebrow (although I doubt that character is as dead as the trailer suggests). I hope the show can find its groove next year, as I'm in the mood for a sci-fi series that's less ponderous than The Event and just out to entertain.

V's biggest problem, beyond having a cast who appear to be half asleep (with the notable exception of Morena Baccarin) is that it's generic stuff we haven't seen before. I hope it can surprise us by taking things in a more creative, surprising, and gripping direction next year. What do you think? Does this trailer get you interested again, or do you see through it?