Thursday 12 May 2011

'Rubicon' reviews: rescinded

Thursday 12 May 2011

I've decided to stop reviewing Rubicon, which is currently airing on BBC4. There weren't enough comments or page-hits to justify my time with it, and the show hasn't gripped me as I expected it to. It was something of a risk reviewing this AMC drama, as it's been almost a year since it premiered in the US and has been cancelled for almost as long.

I get the impression most people saw Rubicon when it aired in the US, or chose not to bother watching because they knew it has no future. I was hoping BBC4's audience would be larger, so a club of UK-pace viewers would form, but that hasn't happened. As I've resolved to do this year, if a review hasn't made much impact with readers after a month or so, and takes valuable time away from me writing other things that are more popular, that's a prime reason to halt reviews.

I'll continue to watch Rubicon at my own pace, however. If the finale's particularly good, I'll comment on it here. Ditto if it's atrocious, really. But for all intents and purposes... it's Rubigone. Did you see what I did there?