Wednesday 28 September 2011

Trailer: LUCK (HBO)

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Here's HBO's trailer for their next big show, horse racing drama Luck. Created by David Milch (Deadwood, John From Cincinnati), this will star Dustin Hoffman as a gambler released from jail after serving a four-year sentence. Co-stars include the likes of Nick Nolte, Dennis Farina and Ian Hart. The pilot has also been directed by Michael Mann (Manhunter, Heat).

Are you excited about this? Horse racing isn't a sport I'm particularly excited by, but neither was advertising and Mad Men's a firm favourite of mine. I really love being taken into a world I know nothing about with a scripted drama, and I know from their career histories that Milch and Mann are unlikely to mess this up. Throw in some fantastic actors, with the brilliant Hoffman making his television debut, and I'm confident this is going to be a high-quality show for next year.


LUCK premieres in January 2012 on HBO and Sky Atlantic soon after.