Monday 5 March 2012

TRAILER: Game of Thrones - Season 2 (HBO/Sky Atlantic)

Monday 5 March 2012

There have been a few trailers for Game Of Thrones' second season released by HBO, but this is my favourite, with a great use of Florence & The Machine's "Seven Devils". I didn't review the show last year, after the pilot, and it took awhile for me to wrap my head around it, but this has since become one of my most anticipated TV shows. I just hope season 2 will be easier to get into, because it took a good six episodes before I was invested in the story and characters last time. The fact so much of the show's mythology, geography, and ancestry has been explained will hopefully mean a more immediately gripping season...


Season 2 also introduces lots of very interesting new actors, many with big theatrical backgrounds, including: Liam Cunningham (Outcasts, Strike Back), Stephen Dillane (The Real Thing) Carice van Houten (Black Book), Natalie Dormer (The Fades), Gwendoline Christie, Tom Wlaschika, Rose Leslie (Downton Abbey), Daniel Portman, Gemma Whelan (The Wolf Man) and Patrick Malahide (Middlemarch).

Are you happy we're to be revisiting Westeros soon, or did the show lose you last year?

GAME OF THRONES returns to HBO on 1 April and Sky Atlantic on 2 April.