Sunday 15 July 2012

Trailer: TRUE BLOOD, season 5b

Sunday 15 July 2012

True Blood has this remarkable ability to create brilliant trailers, packed full of stunts, violence, sexiness, and moments to make fanboys yelp with joy. Regular as clockwork, they've been releasing a trailer for the remainder of the current season every year at San Diego's Comic-Con, perhaps to take the edge off everyone's disappointment so far. As usual, it's worked.


The embedded trailer looks like a huge amount of fun, but deep down I know that these are isolated moments taken out of context. Rather like The Walking Dead, it's a show that can be made to look insanely brilliant with its imagery, but has problems when it comes down to simple character and story. So I'm not going to get too excited about what I'm seeing here, but I'll admit it looks exhilarating and fun. I just have a feeling it'll be dumb and soulless as part of the narrative. But we live in hope.

True Blood continues every Sunday on HBO.