Saturday 10 August 2013

Trailer: HOMELAND - season 3

Saturday 10 August 2013

Showtime have released the official trailer for season 3 of Homeland, and it's done a great job of renewing my interest in this counter-terrorism drama. I found season 2 quite entertaining, but it wasn't a patch on the fantastic first season, so I can't say I've been keen to get my next Homeland fix since it went off-air. I remain sceptical about the decision to keep Damian Lewis on the show, too, but this trailer suggests a very interesting and bleak direction for the Nicholas Brody character. Maybe season 2's explosive finale was just what this drama needed; opening the door to a whole new chapter? So many good TV shows are ending just now, so it will be nice if Homeland recaptured that first year's glory.

Homeland returns to Showtime on 29 September. Channel 4 are rumoured to have the UK premiere a matter of weeks later.