Thursday 20 March 2014

Dan's Media Digest is 8 years young

Thursday 20 March 2014

It's a little mind-boggling to realise Dan's Media Digest is 8 years old today. It honestly feels like only yesterday I was surprised it had lasted 3 years (without me getting bored or losing patience), and had actually started to accrue some regular readers and robust page-hits.

I think it's fair to say my prolific blogging output has cooled over the past few years. I make no apology for this. I'm watching more TV than ever before, ironically, but the grind to review everything wasn't worth it. I've made my peace with that, and despite the fact page-hits have dipped because new daily content isn't as plentiful... I really don't mind. I'm just happy DMD still exists and isn't a stagnant archive Blogger will probably delete off their server. There are still enough regular visitors to make it all worthwhile, and comments have always been respectful and positive. Plus, it's lead to some paid work in recent years.

If I had the time and energy, there are a hundred things I'd love to be doing with DMD in an effort to keep it competitive with other blogs of its ilk. Or those the next step "above", but I have to remind myself that most other blogs are written by people who're either young enough to still have the time to spend blogging for hours a day, or are part of a team effort you can't compete with solo.

But for those of you who like the personality and individuality of a "personal blog", with one man's text floating into the digital ether and perhaps capturing the attention of some minds, thank you...

Thanks for coming, thanks for reading, and thanks for coming back.