Sunday 4 January 2015

Dan's 10 Favourite Films of 2014

Sunday 4 January 2015
I watch more television than films these days, because it's easier and cheaper. I tend to only visit the cinema for the tentpole blockbusters, so it can take awhile for excellent smaller movies to reach my attention on Blu-ray. But, for what it's worth, below is a list of 10 films (released in the UK during 2014) that I saw and enjoyed, in order of satisfaction and appreciation.

I'm sure it will be heavily amended by mid-2015, when I've seen more films from the previous year, but what can I say? This is only for anyone curious about my choices.
1. Interstellar (dir. Christopher Nolan)
2. Under the Skin (dir. Jonathan Glazer)
3. Edge of Tomorrow (dir. Doug Liman)
4. Guardians of the Galaxy (dir. James Gunn)
5. Nightcrawler (dir. Dan Gilroy)
6. Her (dir. Spike Jonze)
7. Godzilla (dir. Gareth Edwards)
8. The Wolf of Wall Street (dir. Martin Scorsese)
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (dirs. Anthony & Joe Russo)
10. X-Men: Days of Future Past (dir. Bryan Singer)