Monday 24 September 2007

Taking the rough with the smooth...

Monday 24 September 2007
I got a phone call today, confirming I need to get down to Belvoir Castle tomorrow morning for a day's filming as an extra on Young Victoria.

That's the good news!

Unfortunately, I need to be on-set for 6 am... and I live about an hour away... so I need to get up at about 4:30 am. I didn't even know there was a 4:30 am! So yes, I plan on going to bed tonight at 8 pm, 'cos I need my beauty sleep, dammit. Oh, and they definitely want me to shave. :-(

That's the bad news.

Consequently, there won't be any posts tomorrow and the latest reviews for Dirt and season 2 of Heroes will be delayed. But I hope to regale you with tales from the bottom-rung of film making as compensation -- although I can't go into details, as extra's sign confidentiality agreements.

Incidentally, the blog is going from strength-to-strength -- with upwards of 450 people now visiting DMD each day! Seriously, it's amazing (and humbling) to think so many people are reading -- so a big THANKS to all the new readers out there!

And yes, I now expect traffic to drop significantly because I've "jinxed it". Oh, and because I just told everyone there won't be any updates tomorrow.

Damn.

UPDATE: I got an e-mail today from Heroes Info, who pointed me in the direction of 7 Reasons To Watch Heroes Season 2, which should whet your appetite for tonight's US premiere. But a word or warning -- there are big spoilers inside for UK viewers, particularly BBC2 fans.