Sunday 30 December 2007

Just checking in...

Sunday 30 December 2007
Hope you all had a great Christmas! I'm still on leave until 7 January, so daily updates won't start up again till the weekend. I hope the Doctor Who and Extras reviews satiated any festive thirst. I was meaning to review the double-bill of Robin Hood, but couldn't spare the 90 minutes. I'll catch-up sometime this week for a belated review.

Same goes for Strictly Come Dancing's finale, which saw Alesha Dixon win (cuh, I predicted that in week 2!) It will all be academic by the time the review is posted here, but it's a loose end that needs to be tied-up, so I'll sneak it in.

I'm also planning a special "50 Must-See Movies Of 2008" feature, which is written and just needs photos to accompany it. So keep checking back for that. Oh, and over the holiday period I got a chance to properly sit down and watch quite a few movies on Blu-Ray, so I'll be offering my opinion on the HD experience. Up until recently I'd only really seen instore demonstrations and 5-minute clips, and that all pales compared to actually sitting down and finding yourself immersed in the lush visuals.

So plenty of stuff to come in 2008. Reviews of Bionic Woman will come to a close, just as the series jumps to ITV2 in the UK. Prison Break's third season will resume on Sky One, too.

Sadly, the writers' strike in the US means 24 is being held up indefinitely, but the first 8 episodes of Lost's 16-episode fourth season are schedule to begin on 31 January in the US. So stay tuned for my reviews, which I'm hoping will follow the UK transmissions (if Sky One are just a week behind, as they were for season 3.)

Oh yes, and reviews of The Golden Compass and I Am Legend will be along soon, too.

Happy New Year!