Friday 6 March 2009

All Rise For Queen Victoria

Friday 6 March 2009

So, The Young Victoria is finally released today! The bad news: it's up against the mighty Watchmen, and it's been released far too late for Oscar contention. The good news: reviews have been decent, although the general concensus is that it's solid but unremarkable. Still, great to see Emily Blunt being interviewed everywhere this week (particularly on Jonathan Ross, where she was funny, coy and sexy.) It's just nice to be reminded she's not as glacial as she can appear in some of her screen roles and in photos (see above.) Her sly beauty is a good fit for Queen Victoria, actually.

Again, for the benefit of any new readers, the reason I'm pushing Young Victoria is because I'm in it! Well, in the background. Possibly. In late-'07 I worked as an extra on the film, so if you're going to see the movie this weekend, please report back... is there a scene where six soldiers fire canons, with Victoria exiting a horsedawn coach, to talk to a Mayor (with Miranda Richardson) present, probably set on the Isle Of Wight? If so, I'm firing one of the canons! I don't think I'll be seeing the film anytime soon, but I'll hopefully be able to screengrab my scene from the DVD. Unless I've been cut.