Friday 6 March 2009

TRAILER PARK: Star Trek - Trailer #2

Friday 6 March 2009


Isn't this new trailer just wonderful? It doesn't just throw a load of special effects at the screen, or even trade on specific Star Trek imagery and sounds to make its point. In fact, if it weren't for the mentions of "James T. Kirk", it's possible some people might not even realize this is Star Trek until the logo appears.

For me, this trailer did a great job of engaging me emotionally (where the first one grabbed me viscerally), and the music is again a big reason I'm hooked. I see that director J.J Abrams has hired Michael Giacchino (Lost, Fringe) to handle the score, and I can already tell the OST is going to be a must-have this summer. The scope and attention to detail surpasses anything we've seen in Star Trek before, too; it really feels like a cohesive, believable, elaborate universe. Amazingly, despite the fact we've been warping around Gene Roddenberry's galaxy for over 40 years now, I can't wait to take another trip.

HD Downloads: 480P (38MB) | 720P (90MB) | 1080P (153MB)