Monday 22 March 2010

Hawaii Five-O-yes!

Monday 22 March 2010

I'm too young to remember the original Hawaii Five-O, but this year's CBS remake of the classic cop show sounds promising -- well, from a casting perspective. Confirmed are: Alex O'Loughlin (Moonlight), Daniel Dae Kim (Lost), Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica), Scott Caan, Jean Smart (24), Troy Manandic, Taryn Manning (8 Mile), and James Marsters (Buffy) recently landed a guest star appearance that may become a recurring role. I'm not usually a fan of cop/doc/lawyer shows, although a few dig their nails into me on occasion, but I think Hawaii Five-O deserves a watch. If only for the chance of seeing Grace Park in a bikini and a (hopefully good) reinterpretation of its fantastic theme tune.

And hey, if Hawaii's becoming a prime location for escapist US entertainment in the wake of Lost, what about bringing back Magnum P.I? Bradley Cooper in the Tom Selleck role? He's starring in The A-Team remake, so we know he likes '80s kitsch. He can grow a moustache, of that I'm sure.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is a possible resurgence of Dan-related jokes. Between this and the looming Karate Kid remake, I'm in for more "Daniel, san" and "Book 'em, Dano" jibes I thought I'd heard the end of 20 years ago.